A bit of our schedule...

finish it up guys!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

The divine call of a missionary & the magnificent aaronic priesthood...worthy, ready and wielding.

divine call of a missionary
the gospel. it can be "a lifesaving blessing to all who accept its message". i know most of the time we think of this in context of investigators. but really, the teachings found in missionary work are for all. and how often do i accept it full-heartedly?

i think a section in here was one of my favorites of all time.
"The missionary opportunity of a lifetime is yours. The blessings of eternity await you. Yours is the privilege to be not spectators but participants on the stage of [priesthood] service."
Its so AWESOME how monson puts this. our lives are so blessed that we have the very lucky chance to really act for good and for the good of others. legit.

Are you ready and willing to play your part? The Lord needs every able young man to prepare and recommit, starting tonight, to be worthy of a call from the prophet of God to serve a mission.

and its neat how even though full time missions are so awesome, how the idea of being worthy and willing is most important. i was meeting with my bishop for a time and preparing for a mission. i wasn't getting a yes answer and it will really frustrating to me, i felt like whatever choice i made would be a lesser one. he said to me, 'missions aren't life saving ordinance jeanette. they are wonderful things. but above all being worthy for the temple is most important.'
that has always stuck with me since. really. being worthy for the temple is the test of life. willing. and doing all we can.


the magnificent aaronic priesthood
as i started reading this article i thought. oh dang. it would be my goal to have an apostle of the Lord say these things about me:
"I am honored tonight to speak to the amazing young men of the Church. I have been blessed to meet many of you throughout the world. Your enthusiasm is contagious.

You face your challenges with extraordinary strength and courage. I express my love to you and the confidence I have in you.

You inspire the people around you more than you can imagine."

2 things from this article that hit me.

1. family = most important calling. i know it is super important for me to live this way of course. but i kept feeling really impressed about people i date or marry one day. like. this is something to REALLY look for in a man. and not just an act or they do an okay job. but truly adore the idea and practice of loving the family unit.

2. one of my very favorite quotes of all time is 'BE A FORCE OF NATURE'. and yes. i did hear it from an episode of grey's anatomy. but i LOVED that elder beck said twice 'BE A FORCE FOR GOOD'

we have real tangible power to yield through the Lords help. in NO way at all can we be passive bystanders.




No comments:

Post a Comment