A bit of our schedule...

finish it up guys!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Healing the sick....and preserving health

I just read the book called, 'The Lost Symbol' by dan brown (author of the da vinci code) and there is a really interesting idea in the book that i just was reminded of. There is a scientist that actually calculates the mass of the human soul. and she has this idea that our thoughts have real power, can actually change body chemistry and events that happen.

turns out, we believe just that. i think we often forget just how powerful our actions and our faith can be.
" I expect the healing power and influence of God to pass through me... When we are prepared, when we are holy vessels before the Lord, a stream of power from the Almighty can pass through"
That is just spectacular.

I know i don't have the priesthood. but i love that he talks about how important faith is. that its most important to the lord, first principle 'faith in the lord jesus christ'.

"The need of faith is often underestimated."
"As children of God, knowing of His great love and His ultimate knowledge of what is best for our eternal welfare, we trust in Him."
"faith means trust."

funny that this just reminded me of aladdin 'do you trust me?' but really. do i really TRUST the lord?

i think this next quote is going to be displayed in my home. i really love it, and want to try and live my life by it.
“Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.”


2 comments:

  1. Great insight Jeanette!! I can't believe more people aren't commenting on these posts. LOVE LOVE this quote "I expect the healing power and influence of God to pass through me... When we are prepared, when we are holy vessels before the Lord, a stream of power from the Almighty can pass through". That definitely IS an awesome thing. And whether you are a guy with the Priesthood or not has nothing to do with it. It's all about how we live our life. Be devoted to the Lord 100% (i.e. as much as we can) and we can have this amazing influence in our life. This influence being the Holy Ghost of course. Never underestimate the power of God! Truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. joe! thank you SO much for your comment! it really made me think, that not only is this gift just for us to help other people, but to touch our own lives. thats so cool!

    ReplyDelete